Thursday, July 22, 2010

10 inches of HAIR!

Today I made the decision to finally donate my hair. I have been growing my hair out for almost a year and a half and I finally did it! I always wanted to do this when I was younger but could never grow it long enough and never seemed to have the patience to do it. After having kids my hair just took off and was growing like a weed. It was down to the middle of my back, the longest my hair has ever been. I was getting so attached to my hair that I was unsure if I was going to be able to do it, but I realized that it is only hair and there are children who do not have hair at all. I am thankful to God that he has given me my hair and I know it will grow back again. I am at peace because I know that I am giving it to help a child feel beautiful again. I was able to donate 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love. I am still in shock with how much hair was cut but I can handle it. Nick says I look younger and Kaiden says I look beautiful with my hair short. :) I don't even think Zachary noticed. As long as the men in my life love it that is all that matters.
Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.


BEFORE!
My poor hair!!! This was my 10 inches.
AFTER!


The new me!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome job! I can't believe you let your hair get so long, but I love it short!

Sally said...

It looks fantastic Bekah!