We had a very eventful Thanksgiving weekend and it really put into perspective how truly thankful I am for my family and all the things that God has blessed me with.
As of Tuesday, Nov. 23rd I was about 7 weeks pregnant and I had gone to the doctor that day for my first OB appointment. When I went everything was fine, I was able to see the baby on the sonogram and hear the heartbeat. On Thursday I began to have some mild cramping and spotting but did not think much of it. Then on Friday I began bleeding and by that afternoon I went to the ER and confirmed that we had lost the baby. We are sad by the news but we know that we will one day be blessed with another precious baby. Please pray for healing of me and peace for our family. God has already blessed us with two amazing boys and I am so Thankful for them.
Kaiden was taking it kind of hard at first. Nick explained it to him that the baby was really sick and that God took the baby to heal it and that one day He would give us another baby, but it may be a little longer. Kaiden then told me that he had prayed for God to put the baby back and said that morning He did not do it yet. I had to explain to him that it would be a little while until that happens. Please pray for understanding for him.
Kaiden was taking it kind of hard at first. Nick explained it to him that the baby was really sick and that God took the baby to heal it and that one day He would give us another baby, but it may be a little longer. Kaiden then told me that he had prayed for God to put the baby back and said that morning He did not do it yet. I had to explain to him that it would be a little while until that happens. Please pray for understanding for him.
I went back to the doctor Monday to make sure everything was ok. The doctor was shocked when he found out that I had a miscarriage because I was very healthy and the baby looked fine just a few days prior. He said that the likely cause was a chromosomal abnormality and my body rejected it. I think that is God's way of protecting me and my family from further complications. The doctor told me that everything was looking good and that I only had a little bit of tissue remaining but would heal up quickly with some medicine that he gave me. He also informed that my uterus looks healthy and that when I am ready we can start trying again. Please continue to pray for healing for my body and that God would bless us with another baby in His time.
I was given this bible verse by a good friend o mine who has also gone through miscarriages and it really has helped me cope knowing that I can rely on God for peace and comfort and that He will protect me and my family.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit.” Romans 15:13
Plus my favorite song: "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin. It is amazing!!
1 comment:
praying for you this christmas season...
Post a Comment