Monday, June 21, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch VBS

Last week our church had VBS (Vacation Bible School) and the theme was Saddle Ridge Ranch. Kaiden was in the entering Kindergarten class this year and he had a blast. I did the music for entering Kindergarten with Michele and Ellen and we had the best time with those kids. We were like superstars to those 5 year olds by the end of the week. :) Our music room was called "campfire creek" so it was decorated like a western campfire. It looked so awesome. We hung Christmas lights from the ceiling to make it look like real stars. When the kids would enter the room everyday we would have the lights off and the Christmas lights on, they thought it was so cool. By the end of the week we had "family night" where all the kids came and performed some of the songs we learned, plus Dennis Lee, an amazing and funny ventriloquist was there as well. Many children were baptized that night and then more again on Sunday. VBS is truly a blessing from God and I am so thankful to have been a part of teaching these kids through worship and praise! My boys keep wanting to listen to the music in the car so now I have
H-A-P-P-Y stuck in my head!!!
This is looking into the room.

This is the back wall. We got to use stick horses, bandannas, harmonicas, and blow up guitars and microphones all week. The kids loved the props!
A close up of the stage. I borrowed that pony from a sweet little girl from our church. It really made the whole scene come to life!

Program on Family Night! Kaiden was the "a" in the H-A-P-P-Y song. Not sure why he is holding up the A and none of the other letters are up??? He did a good job, but would never smile!
Sign language for "show"
Loving God! He told me that when we do this motion we have to close our eyes really tight and squeeze because we love God sooo much.

1 comment:

The Purtle's said...

tooo cute and creative!!! I'm sure you made an impact on those kids that will last a long time! I totally remember my music teachers!!