K: Mom, I'm just thinking about who I am going to marry one day
Me: Ok, who are you going to marry?
K: I just dont know it is too hard, so many girls think I am cute.
Me: Well Kaiden it does not matter that they think you are cute it matters how you feel about them.
K: I just have to think, think, think. (with concerned look and hand on head)
Me: Why do you like to play with the girls?
K: Because Boys marry girls and girls marry boys
Me: Yes but why do you like playing with them?
K: I already told you that boys marry girls.
Me: You still need to be a kid and have fun and not worry about marriage right now, you have a long time until you get married.
K: But I think about it all the time.
Me: When you get older you will meet other girls so you may not marry the girls that you play with right now.
K: WHAT?
Me: You might meet someone in college or when you get a job
Me: I dont want you getting married anytime soon because then you will not be all mine anymore.
K: AH mom I will always be yours, I will love you forever and ever!
Well at least he got the part about how boys marry girls right!!! That's what the bible says! I dont know why he is so concerned about getting married at the age of 4 but it is funny to me. He really did have a concerned look on his face like he had to decide right then and there but just could not make a decision.
My favorite part was at the end when he told me that he will always be mine and that he will love me forever. Talk about knowing how to melt a girls heart! He is going to be a great husband one day and make his wife really happy. I just pray that he will continue to open up his feelings to me even when he gets older. I love our talks and I cherish them.
No comments:
Post a Comment