Monday, August 16, 2010

My new dance adventure

I am really excited to announce that I am starting a new dance program at a local cheer gym in Humble, Tx. It will be at Texas Xtreme Cheer. They currently do not offer dance classes at all and are looking to expand their gym by adding recreational dance and eventually making competitive dance teams. I will be running the dance program and teaching the classes. Since this is a brand new start I am in need of some dancers who are wanting to take dance classes. The classes will consist of a combination class with Hip Hop, Jazz, Pom, and dance technique. This is available for ages 5-18.
I have been dancing since I was 6 and continued on into High School and College. I took some time off to start my family.
I was not looking for this it just kind of fell into my lap. When I was doing the Upward cheerleading Camp a couple of weeks ago I was approached by the owner of Texas Xtreme Cheer. He told me that he wanted to start a dance program and he was looking for someone to run it. When he asked me if I was interested I thought he was joking at first but then I realized he was serious. I had to go home and really think about it and of course discuss it with Nick. I met with the owner last week and discussed details and I decided that this is what I have been secretly looking for. Last year I tried to get back into dance by going to a local dance studio to try and coach there but it was not the right time or the right place for me.
Starting a dance program from scratch is going to be hard but I have a lot of things in my favor. I have the facilities and the knowledge. All I need now is some dancers!!!! You can follow this link to get more information. www.tinyurl.com/txxtremedance
PLEASE PASS ON THE WORD!




No comments: