Saturday, August 29, 2009

Firefighter Nick doing training
This morning Nick had to finish his training since last weekend he hurt his shoulder. He went to the doctor and they told him that he had to be careful but he was able to go back into training. He will eventually have to get surgery, possibly next year but it is not necessary right now.
I took the boys up to the firehouse to watch daddy in action. When I pulled up Nick was already doing some testing and I was able to spot him all the way from the car. I don't know how, I guess I just know his body language and stance really well. They thought it was so cool and everyone was really nice to the boys and even let Kaiden get inside the truck. We are so proud of Nick because he was number 1 in low endurance and in high endurance training. I sure do have 1 HOT husband. :)
This was only part of the high endurance training. He had to walk around the building a few times carrying the hose. He went 16 minutes and they made him stop, but they said he could have gone 20 minutes.
Kaiden took this picture
Daddy right after he took off his oxygen tank.
Zachary was so not scared of daddy in his uniform and actually preferred to be held by him when he was in uniform. When Nick was putting on his uniform Zachary was holding out his arms saying, "dada, dada." I don't think he is scared of firefighters which is a good thing. It was really cute.
It looks like Kaiden is so proud of his daddy. I love this picture because he is looking up at him in amazement.
Zachary, the future Firefighter. :)
Checking out the truck
Nick is mentally preparing himself for the "maze" test. Their masks are blacked out and they have to feel there way through using a rope to guide them and push their way through small holes, down stairs and through wires. Look at the pictures below to see him in action.


He climbed through those holes with no problem
At this point he had to wait on his partner who was behind him for a good couple of minutes.

Getting caught up in the wire
HE FINISHED!!!!
Kaiden with the firetruck. It was super bright out so he was squinting really hard.
They let him sit inside and pretend to drive the truck. So cool

That is a little man in a big seat! :)

No comments: